mercredi 31 décembre 2014

[Q] Desire HD needs SD Card reboot - Which ROM? topic

13:22






Up until yesterday I had a great little HTC Desire HD, A9191 with rooted gingerbread 2.3.5, an unlocked bootloader (from htcdev), S-ON - and everything in my garden was rosy... Then I tried to get too clever and pushed a new hosts file to /system/etc while I had su privileges.

This was a big file (540K) which I had been using quite happily on Windows to keep adware at bay. However, I now think it caused the phone to fail because the first time I tried to boot up after the push, it started looping round the boot sequence indefinitely. I am wondering if the IP for localhost, being 127.0.0.1, is incompatible with linux...? Anyway, that's a job for tomorrow because before I can think about draining the swamp there are some "alligators" to deal with...

While this continuous re-booting was going on I found I could still do "adb shell" and run "su" but all my attempts to restore hosts to the original file were futile because at this point the file system was "read-only" even for root. Then I made my biggest error which was to attempt "RECOVERY" from the boot menu...... ( I think my previous attempt to create a recovery file failed and I must have just forgotten to attend to it.)

The boot loader still responds and I am now looking at the boot screen which says:

=============================================
*** UNLOCKED ***
ACE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.00.0029
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.14.04.28_M (this is the original factory-shipped version for my phone)
eMMC-boot
Dec 22 2011, 14:28:19

HBOOT

<VOL UP> to previous item
<VOL DOWN> to next item
<POWER> to select item

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
FACTORY RESET
SIMLOCK
IMAGE CRC

==============================================
Here's what happens with these various options:

1. Normal boot ends with "Sorry! Process system is not responding" and two buttons "Force close" and "Wait" - but in reality the phone is simply hung...
2. FASTBOOT ends with a phone gif and a red triangle / exclamation mark.
3. RECOVERY also ends with a phone gif and a red triangle / exclamation mark.
4. FACTORY RESET runs a black/white barber pole and sd card symbol for 2 minutes, then reboots as far as "quietly brilliant" but this then ends up the same as 1. above.

5. SIMLOCK produces this output:
FAT32 init OK
Open MCCMNC file fail
Open CID file fail
Process done, reboot device?
<VOL UP> Yes

6. IMAGE CRC produces this output:
osbl: 0x3AA5FD29
amss: 0xD791CCA8
hboot: 0xFB10D632
boot: 0x8446CCFD
recovery: 0x0x88F60913
system: 0x898C2200

When I put an sd card in the slot and press and hold the power button with HBOOT highlighted it produces this:

SD checking...
Loading...[PD98DIAG.zip]
No image!
Loading...[PD98DIAG.nbh]
No image or wrong image!
Loading...[PD98IMG.zip]
No image!
Loading...[PD98IMG.nbh
No image or wrong image!

So am I right in thinking that it's not quite dead yet and still recoverable? I have made a few attempts to position ROM files in the root of the sd card, but so far without success.

Could someone please tell me (assuming it's not bricked yet) what file(s) I need to put on the sd card to stand any chance of recovering. Previously I had downloaded the nearest "stock rom" to the phone's original but this came as a .exe which just compounded my confusion as to what needs to be done.

Here's hoping...

Happy New Year to all.






Written by

We are Creative Blogger Theme Wavers which provides user friendly, effective and easy to use themes. Each support has free and providing HD support screen casting.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

© 2013 Mobile Probleme. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism

Back To Top