jeudi 11 décembre 2014

How are Network Lock Codes generated ? topic

11:42






Hi guys,
just intrigued really....I have an HTC One X from Orange UK and recently ended my contract. Unfortunately the M8 on Vodafone I have needs a repair so I tried to network unlock my 'old' HOX to find the network unlock code didn't work. I tried two vendors and both gave the same code. Luckily I spoke to Orange and even out of contract they were very helpful and agreed to send me the unlock code for free. Unfortunately, the unlock code they sent me was the same code I had from the 3rd parties.

I chatted with HTC who were pretty helpful also and when I explained that this was my 5th HOX having been replaced/repaired with Orange several times over the 2 years (I managed to hit every documented hardware issues there was)...they looked it up and found the one I currently have, had been repaired and the mainboard had been changed which might explain why the unlock code didn't work.

Interestingly the guy said if I could find the devices previous IMEI and Unlock Code..they might be able to generate a new unlock code...

Not entirely sure whether they need the previous IMEI and Unlock Code for 'Procedure' and 'Security' or whether those number somehow influence the unlock code of the phone so thought I'd ask you guys...

My gut instinct is that the firmware install generates the unlock code based on the hardware in there at the time of install...so if it's possible to replace a mainboard without wiping the firmware, it's conceivable my firmware still has the unlock code related to the previous mainboard....which would be impossible to work out without the IMEI of the previous mainboard..

Unfortunately Orange said they don't store the IMEI of previous incarnations without scrubbing the last two digits and they didn't appear to have a good record of all the work that had been done on my phone/s (I'm sure it's there somewhere but customer services didn't sound like they had it). What they did say after speaking to their technical support guys in the unlocking dept (whoever they are) was that they would send me 'another' number within 24hrs....I kind of paused when they said this and asked where they're going to get that number from but was assured it would be a different number to the one they just sent.....I'm hoping (and I know it's a slim chance) that they do infact have a historic log of IMEI and/or Unlock codes for phones that have gone through their repair centre...we'll see...

Ant.






Written by

We are Creative Blogger Theme Wavers which provides user friendly, effective and easy to use themes. Each support has free and providing HD support screen casting.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

© 2013 Mobile Probleme. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism

Back To Top