jeudi 11 décembre 2014

[Q] Keeping a backup of stock recovery after 5.0.1 update topic

18:01






So I just updated my GPE converted xt1032 from 4.4.4 to 5.0.1 after struggling for hours. I had to flash the full 4.4.4 system image in order for it to flash the 5.0.1 OTA, all of this was due to my recovery not being updated to 4.4.4 for some reason when I applied that OTA a while back, and because of this I was getting an error about the update package expecting KTU84P fingerprint but my device had the KOT49H fingerprint, even though I had indeed KTU84P installed, it was just the recovery that was stuck in KOT49H.

Why recovery didn't update from 4.4.2 to 4.4.4 is still a mystery to me.
Anyway, once I manually flashed the 4.4.4 image everything went fine.

However, now I obviously want to root the phone but I don't want to just go ahead and flash a custom recovery without first having a way to go back to the stock 5.0 recovery for future OTAs. I would just keep a copy of the 5.0 recovery.img file but there isn't one inside the OTA zip, but I know the recovery files must be there somewhere or else my recovery wouldn't be on 5.0 as it is right now.

Also there is no factory image at the moment for 5.0.1 where to extract the recovery image from.

So guys, do you know how to extract "recovery.img" for the latest 5.0.1 firmware from the OTA zip?

Thanks in advance :)






Written by

We are Creative Blogger Theme Wavers which provides user friendly, effective and easy to use themes. Each support has free and providing HD support screen casting.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

© 2013 Mobile Probleme. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism

Back To Top