lundi 29 décembre 2014

[Q] Unlocking Rogers Lumia 635 Impossible? topic

19:53






Hi there! Please let me know if this is the wrong section to post this question.

I recently purchased 2 Rogers Nokia Lumia 635 phones for my parents as their old phones were near death. I figured Windows Phone would be a good environment for them as they both have Windows 8.1 computers, and the UI is pretty straight forward. They don't need a ton of power, just something to make calls, text family, and sometimes look up a website. The 635 filled all these rolls and when they played with one in a store they seemed to understand and like it. Fast forward to today, I've tried 3 different unlock sites, I can list if needed, and none have been able to get a code for me saying one doesn't exist for the IMEIs. I called Rogers to see about their unlocking policy and they told me that to unlock the phones they would need to be active on their network for 3 months and then I'd have to pay CAD to get the code. I'll be damned if I'll give them CAD total per phone to unlock them in 3 months time. My parents wanted them so they could use them on vacation in Jamaica using local sim cards, and when they got back to put it on their PC Mobile accounts (pay as you go). We're now 3 days from when they leave and it seems like there 0 chance I can get it unlocked.

After that blob of context I have a few questions:
  1. Has anyone managed to unlock the Lumia 635 on Rogers without going through Rogers?

  2. Is this something that is common?

  3. Why wouldn't the phone be unlockable?


If anyone could help answer these questions I would be extremely grateful as I'm completely stumped and confused as to what the core issue is. In the mean time I guess I'll try and return the phones and see if I can get the AT&T variant as those seem to be unlockable.






Written by

We are Creative Blogger Theme Wavers which provides user friendly, effective and easy to use themes. Each support has free and providing HD support screen casting.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

© 2013 Mobile Probleme. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism

Back To Top