mardi 6 janvier 2015

Wifi slow at home, but not at work topic

08:57






We just switched to Xifinity's 105 Mbps internet. I can regularly see 125 Mbps + speeds wireless on my laptop, where as my Nexus 7 routinely gets 35-45 Mbps. When I launch the facebook app it literally takes about 45 seconds for the news fee to load and even then after that many seconds the images on the feed load one by one. When updating apps on the playstore they take about 15-20 seconds to start, but when they do, the update jumps 8-12 mb at a time finishing in a few seconds. Apps like youtube and google chrome seem to function as normal with the problem only being Facebook. I brought my Nexus to work with me and with a much slower wireless connection Facebook loaded almost instantly. Here is everything I have done as well as the information about the two WiFi connections:

Troubleshooting steps completed:
Uninstalled/re-installed Facebook app
wiped the Cache partition
updated Facebook app the latest version

WiFi settings at home:
WPA-PSK + WPA2-PSK (recommended by Xifinity, and honestly gives the best performance)
I tried messing around with WPA2-PSK (AES) & WPA-PSK (TKIP) but for some reason I was being restricted to a throughput of 19mbps-34mbps no matter what I did. Given this, I didn't bother checking the Nexus when I was utilizing those settings as I knew I wasn't going to use them since I was getting such poor speeds.
Laptop detects it as WPA-2 (Personal) Encryption: AES

WiFi settings at work:
802.1x EAP
Laptop detects it as WAP-2 (Enterprise) Encryption: AES

The previous router I had I was using WPA2-PSK (AES) and was getting the maximum 45mbps speed I was paying for and had no issues on my Nexus. I'm assuming this router is somehow restricting the Nexus on WiFi, but wanted to post here for feedback/suggestions before I hard reset it and potentially not rectify the issue.

Has anyone ran into something similar and fixed it?






Written by

We are Creative Blogger Theme Wavers which provides user friendly, effective and easy to use themes. Each support has free and providing HD support screen casting.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

© 2013 Mobile Probleme. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism

Back To Top