dimanche 4 janvier 2015

[Q] Google Hangouts is unable to send MMS messages, Stock Messenger works fine topic

07:30






I am currently in Sweden, and my phone is SIM-unlocked via Sprint's unlocking utility. I am using Comviq as my service provider. Normally, I have Sprint as a provider.

To start off with, here is the application, hardware, and software versions I am using:
Android OS: 4.4.2
Build Number: KOT49H.L720VPUFNG2
Hangout Build: v2.5.81636427


APN Information from comviq's website (http://settings.tele2.com/?operator=...locale=sv_se):
Name - Comviq
APN - 4G.tele2.se
Proxy - Do not set
Port - Do not set
Username - Not set
Password - Do not set
Server - Do not set
MMSC - http://mmsc.tele2.se
MMS Proxy - 130244202030
MMS port - 8080
MCC - 240
MNC - 07
Authentication - PAP
APN type - default, MMS, SUPL

The issue I am having is actually very similar to this issue from last year:
https://productforums.google.com/d/m...c/8WG2j3EGWGkJ

I am completely unable to send MMS messages via the Google Hangouts application, but if I set my default messaging application to the stock messaging application, then my MMS messages go through perfectly fine. If I switch back to Hangouts, the MMS messages. The problem though that I am having, is that even if I specify an APN manually, this does not allow me to send the message either. If I try and edit any of the APN's already listed in Hangouts, and click the menu button and Save or Cancel, it deletes the APN rather than actually saving any data. If I add the APN, it doesn't actually save the APN to use. Hangouts has a list of APNs I guess embedded in their apk, but I can't do anything.

This seems specifically to be an issue with Google Hangouts, since other text messaging applications work perfectly fine with sending MMS messages.

Why doesn't Google Hangouts just follow the provided APN data installed in the Mobile Networks menu? Is there any way to work around this issue?






Written by

We are Creative Blogger Theme Wavers which provides user friendly, effective and easy to use themes. Each support has free and providing HD support screen casting.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

© 2013 Mobile Probleme. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism

Back To Top